This is a perma-lance position. The overall function of this position is to support production and ensure seamless video shoots. This role reports into the Video Producer and Lead Merchandise Coordinator. This role is based out of Industry City in Sunset Park and is in person.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
* Excellent rigging, painting, product assembly and prep skills for location and studio videography.
* Supervises and accounts for merchandise, props, grip equipment and all logistics for video shoots.
*Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
* Works with sample warehouse staff, merchants, Producer, Sample Coordinator, Merchandise Coordinators, and Studio Manager to ensure all merchandise, props are returned with proper labeling and protected for safe transport to return areas.
* Loads & unloads merchandise, props, and equipment between warehouse and video location.
* Maintains professional demeanor with homeowners, video team, and vendors.
* Ensures Merchandise Coordinator team picks up correct merchandise for shoot and truck is packed sensibly and safely.
* Responsible for pick up and drop off of 15′ truck (requires no special license).
* Ensures all proper paperwork and items needed to drive are in place before vehicles leave rental location.
* Protects floors and furniture of video location with proper materials and does walkthrough with homeowner and or location scout before and after the shoot.
* Works with Producer and location representative to follow regulations in reference to house rules, recycling, blocking fire ways, etc.
* Works with Merchandise Coordinators to report all broken product to Sample Coordinator and Merchants.
* Performs additional duties and errands as assigned by photography team.
* Relay product defects and suggest product design enhancements as new design and photo samples are received and quality checked
* Ensure product samples on set are in pristine condition, and / or report deficiencies to producer and crew
* Keep set and location clean before, after and throughout shoot: sweeping floors on set, vacuuming and swiffering on location, and painting fresh coats on floors, flats, radiator covers as needed
* Expert in time management — product locations and plan to stage, rapid set changing, and thinking on the spot for quick and effective solutions in high pressure time constraints.
* Anticipate the onset and preparation needs of video crew in advance: director, stylist, gaffer, merch team, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
* 1 year photo/video production experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Flexible to change and team-focused
* Able to identify issues and problem-solve
* Detail-oriented and self-motivated
* Ability to multi-task and be highly organized
*Experience building furniture (Like west elm, or Ikea)
*Handiman sensibility a plus
* Experience with inventory management and control a plus.
* Keeps safety top of mind at all times while on set.
* Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with cross-functional and remote partners.
* Ability to juggle multiple priorities
* Valid drivers license required
*Ability to travel occasionally
*Ability to drive 15″ box truck and lift at least 50 pounds.
* Can do attitude
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
COVID-19 plan in place