I'm looking for a design coordinator for a renovation reality series filming in Laurel, MS. Looking for someone to join our team locally in Laurel asap & the gig would run until end of December, potentially mid-January. This job would be great for an art department assistant/pa looking to move up. Please email me at * Join to View *
with your resume and any pertinent details or questions you might have.
- Have some sort of interior design or art department background. Experience is not a necessity, but love for design is a must.
- Work on a daily basis with the design producers & design associates.
- Be competent in the role of ‘organizer/facilitator’ of the design department.
- Be crafty & have the ability to manage & facilitate ‘design hacks’ & DIY projects.
- Be confident with scheduling so that ‘design hack’ materials are ready for on-camera as per the shoot schedule.
- Oversee design dress supplies to ensure what is needed is on each site for dress. For example, steamer, windex, pieces for bottom of furniture, things to hang picture frames etc.
- Oversee construction cleaner in regards to scope of the clean for each renovation & sign-off on work completed.
- Have a valid driver’s license & feel comfortable picking up samples & other when necessary.
- Be personable and confident with liaising with local store owners & businesses.
- Have the physical ability to be on your feet throughout reveal time & work long hours, as well as move around furniture etc into place when needed. It’s like unpacking the floor of a house one day and then packing it up the next.
- Have the ability to organize the coming & going of all staging items in and around reveal time, making sure pieces are picked up and delivered to the right reveal home & then returned to the proper store at the end of reveal if necessary.
- Have the ability and maturity to manage reveal production assistants, who will be supporting with the load in & out of staging items.
- Be able to manage a petty cash float & reconcile it with receipts.
Be familiar with excel to format spec sheets into resource guides at the end of an
- Keep storage unit of design materials organized and sorted.