Job opening for a packing clerk at a boutique company specializing in acrylic home accessories and furnishings. Applicant must have experience in packing and handling delicate goods; assuring that all merchandise is properly secured for shipment. Packing includes the use of foam, bubble wrap, packing peanuts and paper for protecting items. Knowledge of how to use a tape measure and scale are essential for printing out shipping labels for all packages. Workshop located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
- Preparing items for shipment. This includes creating boxes, making sure all goods are wrapped in poly and secured with foam, bubble wrap and paper. Ensuring that each package is equipped with appropriate hardware, such as screws and allen keys.
- Double checking if items being shipped match order.
- Select the appropriate size box for each order and make custom boxes on occasion, if necessary.
- Measure and weigh boxes and assist in creation of packing labels using online shipping software.
- Keep track of shipping supply inventory. (boxes, tape etc…) and alert the production manager of supply needs.
- Make sure packing station is cleaned and organized.
- Additional responsibilities include unloading, putting-away, and sorting inventory, collapsing boxes and general assistance around the shop.
- Ability to work efficiently while still maintaining attention to detail.
- Able to use a measuring tape and scale.
- Comfortable using a box cutter.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Knowledge on how to properly pack delicate goods.
Work hours will be Monday through Friday between 1pm – 6pm (flexible). Paid hourly.
Job Type: Part-time
There is no set end date for this position
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO [email protected]