Hi Cubers! We are seeking a draftsman for our integrated display and experiential advertising and production company in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Thanks and pass along if you know anyone interested!
Standard Transmission Productions (www.stp.nyc) is a rapidly growing integrated display and experiential advertising and production company, specializing in technology and custom fabrication for multiple Fortune 500 clients in Retail, Advertising, and Consumer Brands. STP has over 22,000 ft2 of fabrication and design space in Brooklyn, NY. Â We employ a highly-skilled fabrication team including specialists in design, scenic, carpentry, metal fabrication, LED technology, digital signage, animatronics, & content creation.
STP is seeking a hands-on full-time Draftsman. This position is responsible for designing and creating CAD drawings for visual and build elements of production as well as renders for clients. The chosen candidate will work with a team of seasoned fabricators to deliver memorable experiences rooted in best-in-class design, craftsmanship, and the latest technology.
Projects include large-scale display installations with a technology focus and custom-fabricated environments for retail spaces, the fashion world, theater, pop-up spaces, and events. Clients include major retailers, artists, museums, galleries, ad agencies, and cultural institutions.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player and a proactive problem-solver with excellent communication & organizational skills.
Position to start immediately.
* Create preliminary designs and technical CAD drawings of project build elements, including floor plans, elevations, details, sections, etc
* Communicate and work closely with the STP Team regarding timeline, fabrication, and delivery of build elements
* Have thorough knowledge of set design and construction process
* Be able to create innovative design solutions with a sense of budget and practical use
* Work under tight deadlines and client demands Â
* Perform other related design work as assigned
* Fluency in AutoCAD or Solidworks, Rhino 3D, and Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience preparing files to be cut on CNC machine & Laser Cutter
* 3+ years of design/drafting experience & corresponding portfolio
* Working knowledge of fabricating/building with solid lumber, metals, MDF, plywood, laminates and acrylic
* Creativity, self-direction and attention to detail
* Detailed knowledge of shop industry
* Demonstrate strong organizational skills
* Communicate clearly and effectively, with internal team
Compensation 35-50 per hour based on experience.