Good morning Cube,
Wishing you well, healthy and resilient.
It’s been pretty hectic! I owe you all a major update.
We built ArtCube Army website so everything is in one place.
- order PPE (shields, masks and intubation shields) all free and delivered.
- PPE specs + instructions
- calendar of our on-line events (yoga, zoom meetings, etc.)
- partners + army page – so many more to add! (Work in progress!)
NEW PARTNERSHIPS scale our PPE ops
Art Makes Masks Lead by Cubers Lisa Mastroianni, Justin Cox and Rozz Therrien
52 Builds Lead by Carpenter, Bret Lehne
West Coast Army lead by Sacramento Cuber Anna Belle Supit.
- Almost 7,500 shields have gone out to date. Monday we send out, 1300 more!
- A nurse wrote, “Thanks for providing masks when our hospital could not.”
- Requests for PPE has not slowed down despite reports of the VERY few fabricators that have received contracts from the city to build 100’s of thousands of face shields.
- Where are they? WHY are we getting orders for 4,000 shields from Woodhull this week?
- We are doing everything we can to secure a contract for fabricators that are standing by ready to produce so we can hire makers. It’s puzzling to say the very candy-coated least.
- Press We were interviewed by Fortune Magazine. The irony.
GETTING BACK TO WORK
- NYPA and The Mayor’s Office are preparing a pathway to return to work. I have no details yet on what that looks like besides the Variety Magazine article.
- I am running for a board seat on NYPA to represent small and micro businesses. The current membership of businesses are big studios, banks, a few prop houses, big gear rentals. Small/micro businesses are shockingly under represented and I would bet the farm not even considered in decisions.
- IF you have are an entrepreneur or a small business join NYPA now. They waived their membership fee. I am all done with the big stages think they run this town. NOTHING without us.
That’s the latest.
See you in yoga on Sunday