Fabricator Shop Lead Needed
WARS www.wearerocketscience.com is looking for a fabricator shop lead (skilled carpenter) to join our team. We are a small studio located in Ridgewood that produces dynamic and refined visual work for retail environments, advertising, experiential marketing campaigns, and events.
We're looking for a individual who can handle production of a wide range of projects as well as on-site installation when needed. In over 10 years of operation, WARS has developed a name for itself based on bespoke craftsmanship and ambitious management.
• produce project elements, using various carpentry, cladding, and laminating techniques
• lead fabrication team to quickly problem solve projects which may change scope in real time, and under tight deadlines
• lead installation team with the delivery, installation, and strike of built components, while interfacing with client
• full understanding of fabrication tools (table saw, chop saw, drill press, nail guns, basic joinery, CNC, etc)
• ability to interpret architectural drawings and shop drawings **BIG + if you know sketch up, cad, rhino)
• efficient use of materials
• experience with finishing / painting is a big plus
• flexible schedule and is available to work evenings / weekends when necessary
• license and experience driving truck in NYC is a VERY big plus!
Please note this job is salary based.